At the beginning of the month, I posted my goals for the year in one of the forums on Scribophile. Of course, I said I was going to write and submit more. But I also mentioned that I wanted to get back to writing regular posts for this blog.
So here I am. Nice to see you again.
For this entry, I thought I would keep it simple and just inform readers about what I’ve been up to lately.
- Since November, I’ve been working on a horror story that’s right now is roughly 6,000 words long. I won’t talk too much about this now because I’m planning on making it the subject of a future blog post.
- I completed a fiction piece that I began around this time last year and submitted it for publication.
- I also finished a new poem I had started in December and submitted it for publication.
- I began some experimental pieces. I’m not sure how successful these will turn out, but it’s been fun trying new forms.
- Speaking of Scribophile, I had been absent from it during most of the fall, but I returned to it in late December. Since then, I’ve posted some of the new works mentioned above and critiqued poems and stories by others. As I’ve mentioned before, Scribophile is a valuable resource for writers. If you’re interested in improving your writing and meeting other writers, you should definitely check it out. (In case you’re wondering, no, I don’t work for them.)
That’s it for now. What have you been up to lately? Please tell me about it in the comments.